Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Great quotes

I was going to write about gifts and unusual ones and ones you wish you'd never received and ones you wish you had. So I went out to look for a great quote to use as the title, and that's when I found Garrison Keillor.

Here's the quote that started it all:

A book is a gift you can open again and again.
by Garrison Keillor
(American writer and broadcaster b.1942)

So when I clicked on the quote link, I found a bunch more of his great quotes.

A girl in a bikini is like having a loaded pistol on your coffee table - There's nothing wrong with them, but it's hard to stop thinking about it

Beauty isn't worth thinking about; what's important is your mind. You don't want a fifty-dollar haircut on a fifty-cent head.

I think the most un-American thing you can say is, 'You can't say that.'

“I believe in looking reality straight in the eye and denying it.”

“God writes a lot of comedy... the trouble is, he's stuck with so many bad actors who don't know how to play funny.”

So, Thank you Mr. Keillor for putting a smile on my face today.


2 comments:

  1. Lol - great quotes - especially the one about the bikini and the loaded gun!

    Kim Dare.

    ReplyDelete